Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Over to Myers...

I hate to just post a link without commenting on it, as it defeats the purpose of bloggging, for me at least. I blog because it allows me to write something that's not work-related, and that requires little time or energy. Just linking to someone satisfies the time and energy requirement, but not the writing one. Still, I can't say this better than PZ Myers, so I'm not even going to try. He has visual aids, too. So here it is, "To People Who Hate Humanity...". Enjoy. And rest in peace, Superman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little time and energy? You footnote your blog posts, man. I can only guess how hard you work on other stuff.  

Posted by Lindsay Beyerstein

Anonymous said...

Haha! I'll let you in on a secret: I only reference papers I can cite by memory, and the reason I use footnotes so liberally is that I have a terrible habit of making half of the text parenthetical, which just looks ugly. So, anytime you see a footnote that's not just a reference, imagine a parentheses, and anytime you see a reference, assume that there are probably 5 other papers I should have cited that I couldn't cite off the top of my head.It helps that I have a lot of papers bookmarked, too (saves the time to google them). Still, 30 minutes on a blog post is a nice break from 3 or 4 hours of writing and rewriting the same thing - the painful writing method of the poor writer.
 

Posted by Chris